Student Rights and Responsibilities
Students have the right to know
- the cost of attendance;
- the refund policy for students who withdraw;
- the financial assistance available from federal, state and institutional sources;
- procedures and deadlines for submitting applications for financial aid;
- how financial aid recipients are selected;
- how eligibility was determined, including all resources the aid office considered available to the student;
- how and when funds will be disbursed;
- an explanation of each type of award received;
- for any student loan received: the interest rate, total amount to be repaid, when repayment begins, the length of the repayment period, and the cancellation or deferment provisions of the loan;
- for any Federal Work-Study or university-funded job: a description of the job, the hours to be worked, the rate of pay, and how and when the student will be paid;
- the criteria used to determine satisfactory academic progress for financial aid purposes; and
- how to appeal a decision by the Office of Financial Aid concerning any aid award.
It is the student’s responsibility to:
- read directions thoroughly, complete all application forms accurately, and to comply with any deadlines;
- provide any supplemental information or documentation required by the Office of Financial Aid or other agency if applicable;
- read, understand, and keep copies of any forms the student is required to sign;
- repay any student loans received;
- attend an entrance interview and an exit interview if federal, state or university loans are received while in attendance at Lehigh;
- notify the Office of Financial Aid of any change in enrollment status or financial status (including any scholarships or grants received from outside sources); changes of address and enrollment status must also be reported to lender(s) for any loan(s);
- satisfactorily perform the work agreed upon in a Federal Work-Study or university-funded work program; and
- know and comply with all requirements for continuation of financial aid, including satisfactory academic progress requirements.
For additional information write to the Office of Financial Aid, Lehigh University, 27 Memorial Drive W, Bethlehem, PA 18015; telephone (610) 758-3181; FAX (610) 758-6211, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website www.lehigh.edu/financialaid.