2016-17 Catalog

University Withdrawal

A student withdrawing from the university (dropping all courses during a given term) must submit the withdrawal form to the dean of students office. Withdrawal after registration day and during the first 11 weeks of instruction will be noted on the academic transcript by assigning a grade of “W” to all courses. A withdrawal after the eleventh week of instruction and before the end of classes will have the grade of “WP” or “WF” assigned for each course at the discretion of the instructor. The date of the withdrawal will be noted on the academic transcript for a withdrawal at any time during the term.

A student who reduces his or her course load below the minimum required for full time status,  but does not withdraw from the university, becomes a part-time student for the rest of that semester. Some areas affected by part-time status are financial aid, athletic eligibility, veterans affairs, immigration status, insurance and loan deferment.