2016-17 Catalog

University Buildings

Lehigh has a major collection of 19th century buildings designed by such prominent architects as Addison Hutton (1834-1916), Edward T. Potter (1831-1904), A. W. Leh (1848-1918), and the firm of Furness and Evans (Frank Furness, 1839-1912).

Zoellner Arts Center (1996), designed by Dagit Saylor Architects and located just east of the Rauch Business Center (1990), houses a 1,000-seat music auditorium, a 300-seat theatre, a permanent art gallery and museum store, and the departments of music and theatre. A 350-car parking garage is on the same site.

The university has seen numerous buildings constructed and renovated since 2000 on all three campuses. New Mountaintop construction includes an addition to Iacocca Hall for biological sciences (2003), and ongoing renovations in Building C (since 2013) for the Data X Mountaintop Experience.

New construction on Goodman Campus includes the Mulvihill Golf Learning Center (2007); the Ulrich Sports Complex (2002), the recently constructed Gould Shenfeld Half-Time Building (2015), and most recently,  Leadership Field Softball Complex and Legacy Field Baseball Complex (2015).  Additions have been made to Cundey Varsity House (2002, 2015), and Stabler Arena (2004).

New buildings on the Asa Packer Campus include a new Police Station at Taylor and E. Packer Streets (2016); the STEPS building for science, technology, environment, policy and society (2010), Lehigh’s first LEED-certified building (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) which achieved Gold status in 2011; and the newly renamed Farrington Square (2002) a residential and retail complex and home to Farmer’s Market in the summers. Williams Hall (2015) was completely renovated to become a global hub for students, achieving Silver LEED status. There was also an addition to Sinclair Lab (2005).

New  campus enhancements have eliminated vehicular traffic and created landscaped walkways in the historic core of the Asa Packer Campus. A 350-car parking garage pavilion and visitors arrival court (2005) at the west entrance to the Alumni Memorial Building completed the project.

Altogether, the three campuses contain more than 160 buildings with more than 4.5 million square feet of floor space.